Becoming a de Souza Designate
de Souza Institute offers the following de Souza Designations:
- de Souza Intern – for undergraduate nursing students with an interest in oncology and/or hospice palliative care
- de Souza Nurse Associate – for RNs or RPNs, not specialized in oncology or hospice palliative care, but are caring for patients with cancer, or providing palliative care
- de Souza Nurse – for RNs who are certified in oncology, hospice palliative or pediatric oncology
- de Souza APN – for Master’s prepared RNs, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Educators who are certified in oncology, hospice palliative care or pediatric oncology
- de Souza Scholar – for nurse executives, managers, professors or scientists with a PhD or a PostDoctorate in an oncology or hospice palliative care related field
For a printable summary of the course and clinical requirements, view the Designation pathways document (pdf).
We’re here to help you navigate through our five de Souza Designations to find a suitable path for you.