Terms & Conditions
This web site is intended for health professionals working in Canada. Respect and polite consideration for all users in congruence with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms is requested.
Using de Souza Institute’s Website
- By using this site, you signify your assent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, do not use this site.
- de Souza Institute (“dSI”) may revise and update these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time. Your continued usage of the de Souza Institute Web site (or the “site”) will mean you accept those changes.
- This site does not provide medical advice.
- The de Souza courses provide general guidance on appropriate practice and their use is subject to the health professionals judgment in each individual case. The courses are designed to provide information to assist decision-making and are not meant to be prescriptive. Individuals who use this statement are required to make their own determination regarding specific safe and appropriate clinical practices. While care has been taken to ensure that this statement reflects the state of general knowledge and expert consensus about practice in the field at the date of publication, de Souza Institute does not make any warranty or guarantee in respect to any of the contents or information contained in the courses nor accept responsibility or liability whatsoever for any errors or omissions in the statement, regardless of whether those errors or omissions were made negligently or otherwise.
- Reliance on any information provided by de Souza Institute appearing on or provided in relation to the site is solely at your own risk.
- This site may contain health- or medical-related materials that are explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our site.
- The site and the content provided are on an “as is” basis. When using the site, information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of dSI. As such, dSI assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this site.
User Conduct Agreement
- You agree to not impersonate or falsely misrepresent yourself as a registered user.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold de Souza Institute and its providers harmless from and against any claims, actions and liabilities resulting or alleged from violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Your current age is 18 years old or greater.
- You agree to refrain from posting any content that is insensitive, defamatory, threatening, rude or abusive, harassing, or embarrassing to any other person as determined by de Souza Institute professional consultants.
de Souza Institute operating professionals reserve the right to act on any or all of the following:
- Investigate and terminate registered user access when not conforming to the conduct agreement.
- Remove content that is not in compliance with the conduct agreement.
External Websites Linked from dSI’s Website
- Any Web sites linked from the dSI Web site are created by organizations outside the de Souza Institute. Those organizations are responsible for the information contained within their sites. dSI does not recommend and does not endorse the content of any third-party websites. dSI is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites or third-party advertisements and does not make any representations regarding their content or accuracy. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such sites. Any specific comments regarding these sites should be directed to that individual organization.
- Our failure to respond to a breach, by you or others, of these Terms and Conditions of Use does not waive our right to respond to subsequent or similar breaches. These Terms and Conditions of Use set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us and any site user with respect to the site, its uses, and its services.
- Except as expressly provided in a particular “legal notice” on the site, these Terms and Conditions and the Disclaimer (see the “Legal” link on the home page) constitute the entire agreement between you and dSI with respect to the use of the de Souza Institute web site.