de Souza Nurse Associate
The de Souza Nurse Associate Designation is ideal for Registered Nurses (RN) or Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) who care for patients living with or at risk of developing cancer in general hospitals or communities.
You may work in:
- Public Health/Community Agencies
- Home Care
- Long-term Care
- Hospice/Palliative Care
- Medical/Surgery Unit
- Critical Care
- General Hospitals.
To receive this Designation, you must:
- Obtain 4.0 credits by completing at least one course from each of the four domains of practice
- Pass the Foundations in Oncology Nursing Practice (FONP) course or Cancer Care Basics (CANB) course or the Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy (PSCB) course
- Passed all de Souza courses (up to two course reattempts allowed)
- Have at least one year (1950 hours) of continuous clinical experience
- Be registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses in your province or territory