Complex Malignant Hematology
Keep up to date to enhance care
Cancer care is changing rapidly, and no area is changing faster than complex malignant hematology. The de Souza Institute, a leading national provider of oncology nursing education, has developed a comprehensive program to equip you with the knowledge you need to succeed in this challenging and rewarding subspecialty.
It is divided into twelve sections with forty-four modules in total, written by experienced clinical practitioners. The sections focus on:
- Optional review of hematopoiesis, the immune system and diagnostic testing
- Essentials of multiple myeloma, lymphoma, leukemia, and aplastic anemia
- Pathophysiology, incidence, risk factors, clinical presentation
- Latest updates in diagnostics, staging, and treatment options
- HSCT, including the latest indications and possible complications
- Complications of hematological malignancies and their treatment, with a focus on anticipating and preventing oncological emergencies
- Psychosocial issues for patients and families, and survivorship care
Why take a course with us?
- Enhance care for your patients
- Study online flexible to your busy schedule, on tablet or computer
- Up to date and clinically relevant information, part of University Health Network (UHN), ranked as a Top 10 hospital in the world
- Join over 16,000 health care professionals on the de Souza Institute learning platform
“The need for increased resources related to malignant hematology has been a focus for health care planners now for a number of years. As we prepare for more patients and more families requiring this specialized service, it is essential that we ensure that nurses are supported with excellent education”
Have any questions?
Contact us and we’ll be glad to provide you with more details.