What We Offer
de Souza Institute offers health care professionals online courses to enhance expertise to provide the best possible cancer and palliative care.
“de Souza Institute is an organization committed to striving for excellence. Using the best evidence, they also challenge the status quo with professional development – they have created a system of learning that is totally comprehensive.”
Why take de Souza courses?
- Study online flexible to your busy schedule
- Enhance care for your patients
- Upgrade your resume with enhanced knowledge
- Take advantage of group discounts
- Join over 18,000 health care professionals
- Certified educational institute by Employment and Social Development Canada, course accreditation by the Canadian Nurses Association
- CME Credits for select courses are accredited with the Royal College and College of Family Physicians
- Foundations of Oncology Nursing Practice
- Introduction to Hospice Palliative Care
- Education in Palliative Care (EPC) Course Series
- Advanced Pain Assessment and Management
- Interprofessional Psychosocial Oncology: Introduction to Theory and Practice
- Cancer Survivorship
- And many more! (Browse our courses)
“What de Souza believes, and what nurses understand, is that the primary purpose of specialized training is to better serve patients. What matters most are patients.”
For yourselfAs a health professional, are you prepared to care for cancer patients, to provide them with the best possible care? The number of cancer cases continues to increase and health care professionals will be seeing more cancer patients who need support. This can be in any clinical setting, not just a cancer unit. de Souza Institute is here to support you. We provide a wide variety of online courses, many with a cancer focus.
- Online, fits with your schedule
- Earn continuing education credits and learning hours
- Be even more effective with increased knowledge of cancer care and palliative care
- Have increased knowledge to care for your cancer patients
- Increase confidence in caring for patients
- Enhance your resume with specialized education
For organizationsThere will be an ongoing need for health care professionals to be educated in cancer and palliative care, since 90% of Canadians will benefit from palliative care. Many cancer patients are not treated in a cancer unit or Centre; many are treated in community based hospitals. All health care professionals need understanding of the complexities of cancer care.
- Your staff will have increased knowledge when caring for the ever increasing number of patients presenting with cancer or palliative needs
- Facilitates meeting continuing education requirements
- Courses are online, fits with staffing work schedules
- Group pricing is available for three or more course registrations
- Custom development and programs are available through education services
Here’s how you can start:
Not sure where to go?
Contact us and we’ll help you decide what your next step should be.